Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2011 Spring/Summer Kid's Consignment Sales

I just heard that "little ole Raleigh" has the biggest consignment sale in the country!  WOW!  Having spent the weekend at it, I'm not surprised.  I thought I would post all the kid's consignment sales upcoming in the Triangle area and my take on it if have frequented it.

Kids Exchange is the first and biggest of the consignment sale season. 
Unfortunately, it was just this past week.  I have volunteered for this sale and shopped it; and let me tell ya-the first time you go it's extremely overwhelming!
There is sooo much stuff to choose from!  If you are shopping for clothes, be careful.
With a sale so huge, there is no way to police what's coming in, and there seems to be more and more "stained" clothing every time I go(with a high price-yeah, I'm NOT paying $4 for a t-shirt with stains all over it!).  If you are a mom-to-be or a mom of a little one, you have the baby world at your fingertips!  There are more strollers, entertainers, toys for little babies than on Amazon!  
I have a plan now, and make a list of what I need before I go, just because you can be there the whole day!

Twice As Nice~Feb. 3-5.  This is one of my faves.  Partly because it's local to me, and also because you don't find as much "junk."  I have sold my stuff and have not been disappointed with the profit!  I was a little disappointed last fall with the toddler clothing selection, but maybe it's because I didn't shop first for the best stuff(I went for the public sale and not the consigner "shop first" sale).  Those guys also do great giveaways, one of which I was the lucky winner a year or so back!

The Monkey Exchange~Feb. 9-11.  I haven't been to this one, nor have I heard of it. 
"We offer only the finest, gently used clothing from the best children’s specialty shops and boutiques. Name brands include Orient Expressed, Anavini, Amanda Remembered, The Plantation Shop, Mini Boden, Ragsland, Kelly's Kids, Feltman Brothers, Beaux et Belles, Lilly, Two Friends, and more!"

Ok, I'm cheap, and could really get annoyed if my DD gets pizza sauce on a  $30 outfit.

Friendship Closet~Feb.25-26.  I have been to this one a couple of years ago and found great stuff for my DD(who was a few months old at the time).  I can't say what it's like now, as I haven't been for awhile.  Maybe I'll try it this year just to see...

Kids Everywear~Feb. 25-28.  This is another biggie held at the "dead" outlet mall in Morrisville.  I have been a few times, and got some great clothing.  If you are looking for baby gear here, you need to be the first one in, IMO.  There was NOTHING left by the time the public sale starts.

Second Blessings~Feb. 26-27.  This is held by Greenwood Forest Baptist Church.  I've been once.  They had a decent clothing selection, but that's it.

Just4kids~March 1-3.  I have been to this one and can't ever find anything.  I do have an acquaintance who swears by this sale, however.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Upscale Resale4kids~March 10-12.  High end kid's clothes.  I haven't been to this one, either.  Are you starting to see a pattern???  CHEAP!!!

Divine Children's Show~March 14-17.  I believe this used to be called Divine Design???  Not sure, and have never been.  Another high end consignor sale.

Kidz Stuff~March 17-19.  Have not been to this one.  If you check it out, please leave a comment!

KidCycle~March 18-20.  Another too far for me.  Please leave comments if you've been.

KidAround KidSale~March 25-27.  I have always wanted to go to this one, but never seem to make it there.  I heard it's really good!

TMOTT(Triangle Mothers of Twins and Triplets)~March 26.  Yes, one day.  This is the first consignment sale I ever went to-and I was hooked!  I shudder to think that $5 for a fleece blanket was a "GREAT" price back then.  The great thing about this sale is there are multiples of things hardly used!  My first trip yielded so many outfits with the tags still on!  Not so much as the kids get older!

*if you have a sale I haven't mentioned please contact me, and I will include it.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment